Last year was a banner year for Sales for my shop on Etsy but then things started to decline quickly towards the end of the year which progressed into 2019. The decline and fall of my shop on Etsy began and I needed to do something different.
It had happened before where I went to other hosting sites like Retruly, Depop and even Ebay to slug my wares online. But sales were inconsistent and becoming farther and fewer in between.
I did have my own website before and its lack of success caused me to waver on whether breaking from these hosts was a good idea. The false security is a habit. The dependency is Real.
Here are the Top Nine Best Sells I had on Etsy from top Left to Right-
- Beaded Pink Gogo Cocktail dress- Heavily encrusted with glass beads, sequins in clear and white gems. A fun Jewel of a Dress for an evening spent dancing or dining. It was heavy because of the beading but a vintage delight! It found a Home in Texas.
- Escada’s dark brown silk animal jacquard Dress- The back of this dress is so sexy with its plunging cowl neck. It had a drop waist skirt. Wild texture and pattern in the silk fabric. Margaretha Ley must have thought of taking this from day to evening. Day a blazer, take one away. It found a home in California, USA!
- Louis Feraud’s Jewel Print Jacquard Silk Dress- The Client whom purchased this lovely silk 1980s dress wanted to know about the previous owner, Unfortunately I could not give her any info. This is the case often times because I acquire my items from all over Southern Ontario. Whatever the case may be She had good taste. It found a home in Australia
- Escada Blue Plaid Wool Blazer- Margaretha ley really knew how to use Color in clothing. This bright blue check wool blazer was vivid and made for the sophisticated working woman. It found a home in Canada
- Adidas Keil 1973 Boat Shoes- One of the coolest and may be most rare items I’ve recently found, for which I also found the original magazine Ad. It found a home in my hometown in Canada
- Wrangler America Stripe twill Jeans- Hip low rise Red, White and Blue stripe jeans with Far Out Bell Bottoms. So fun I was sad to see them go! It found a home in North Carolina, USA
- Italian Black Knit Rainbow Lurex Knit Dress- Twinkling in the light the rainbow color lurex of this ruffle Italian made knit dress gave me Missoni vibes. It found a home in Illinois, USA
- Black Levi Strauss trucker Jacket- Someone doused this in cologne. I had some trouble with it and had to wait patiently after 2 washings for it to be fainter. Ut it was worth it as Levi Jean Jacket in any color other than blue are hard to find. It found a home in California, USA!
- John Fluevog Burgundy Leather peep toe Shoes- Adorable burgundy and white two-tone Sling back shoes by the Amazingly talented John Fluevog. It found a home in Montreal, Canada
I miss every one of these items but it’s always great to see that they will make a new home with their new owners!
My Family calls me Lulu so you can too!