Every year in the last 3-4 years there is a trend on Instagram where people post their top 9, in grid form of their most popular images. These are the pictures that received the most hearts, comments, shares, etc. for the last 12 months.
It’s not all about the numbers. We don’t post how many actual likes or comments we received and since Instagram is hiding these numbers now, does it even matter?
This was a roller coaster year for me. I was on Etsy for 10 years and felt social media helped a little bit with interaction and conversion. Remember Wanelo? Way better results and easy to detect!
But since Etsy changed their algorithm for those US sellers with Free guaranteed shipping, I felt Etsy did not have my business interests at heart and therefore moved on.
Let’s start at the top and work left to right on my grid.
- Siouxie of Siouxie and the Banshees- I wrote a Shorter Short Story on how I met the band in a hotel back in the 80s in Toronto.
- Vintage Christmas Wrapping Paper- This was part of my promo for 25% off in my eShop, which included Free gift-wrapped packages in these papers.
- Outfit of The Day- It had a very 70s Rock n Roll vibe! Like the Beatles, Rolling Stones and those Brit rock Bohemians. Both items are still available in my eShop.
- My New Logo- Since I left Etsy, I rebranded by shop with a New cleaner look. Vintage all the way.
- The Hudson Bay Point Blanket Coat- Can’t believe this restored 1960s coat is still available even with the discount on it. But Sometimes you just never know about these things.
- The Chopper Brass Belt Buckle- I acquired a couple of these Rad Belt buckles with the low rider Motorcycles made in the late 1970s. This one is totally Brass! Still available in my Eshop!
- Lloyd Cole- This was a Shorter Short Story written for Instagram about my encounter the Man. I even posted the autograph note he wrote to me.
- Monosignè- A cute customer alert went out after Signe from Denmark posted a pic sporting her Vintage Green striped 1970s seersucker Bell bottoms from the shop.
Ask me about a discount for Posting your Attirely Vintage on your Social Media.
My family calls me Lulu so you can too!